Saturday, June 4, 2011

Kate Spotted in White at the Epsom Derby




The beautiful Duchess of Cambridge was spotted with her new hubby attending the Investec Festival at Epsom Downs Racecourse.


She looked radiant in a white above-the-knee chiffon dress and boxed button-up jacket. Some sources are reporting that both are by Ralph Lauren but I'm skeptical! Upon further examination and a quick trip to the RL website, I found nothing resembling the dress.

Two possible options are by Reiss. The first is the Reiss Peacock Dress (£195) with cording embroidery vermillion. Reiss confirmed that Kate purchased this dress back in April.
The second option is another Reiss dress, and just a guess on my part, the Sonia (£195) ornamental bodice dress in cream.
The jacket looks like it's a Nessie tweed by Joseph (£460.00). It is currently available at Selfridges in Navy. http://www.selfridges.com/en/Womenswear/Categories/NEW-IN/Nessie-tweed-jacket_793-10038-S1127011354/

The outfit was paired with nude court shoes and a modified beret (fascinator) with deconstructed bow. There are currently conflicting reports as to who the designers are. I will update as soon as I have confirmation.




Kate's hair was worn up in a loose chignon.


Update:

Kate's shoes appear to be LK Bennett -- Sledge2 Court in taupe leather £175

Her clutch (woven straw) also appears to be LK Bennett -- Natalie clutch £140

Update 6/9/2011

Paul Steven Baker from Whiteley Hat Company has confirmed that Kate wore their hat.

'Hiya. Im number 2 on production at Whiteley's in Luton... It has been very hectic this week after the Derby on Saturday. If anyone wants any more information on Kate's Cappuccino hat then youcan email me at paul@whiteley-hat.co.uk. Cheers'




2 comments:

  1. Yes, this hat is extremely rare. My mother bought it for me yesterday. I contacted the company, which does not sell to anyone but boutiques and stores. Luckily, I was able to find out from an undisclosed source, where I could get one. I am so happy! Sad news though, the store said they will not get anymore, and I got the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this information with us. I hope you enjoy wearing your beautiful new hat :)

    ReplyDelete